Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stupid Books

Why do politicians always publish these autobiographies? What makes their life so special that we want to read a novel about it. My question is: why do we care? For some reason the politicians seem to think that we want to read about their lives of giving speeches, and making decisions, and just being normal people with an average career, if perhaps a little more well known than some other average people. Of course people read the books for an entirely different reason. When they see a book titled My Life and you should care because I am a politician, they must read, How I lied and cheated to get elected. The problem is the book is not going to have that in it, because that would be like political suicide, "I just told you about how I rigged the last election, vote for me!" Unless of course politicians are really stupid, in which case do we really want them to run the country? Here's a thought, maybe we shouldn't elect polititions to office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you don't want to elect politicians to office, I was thinking that maybe you could elect, ya know, rabbits? And then they could pass laws to give themselves trix. Kill two birds with one stone, eh?